Beiträge von chriscat

I confirmed we were not supporting special characters in emails. I'm building 1.1.1 (72) in TestFlight and if all goes well, we'll publish on the App Store

1.1.1(72) has been in TestFlight for a couple of hours and it seems to fix the issue.

We now gave it to Apple for reviewing. It should hit the App Store in the coming hours. With a fix for special characters in email.

Ich kann mich leider nicht einloggen mit meiner smart ID (ungültige Mailadresse oder Passwort) - kann es sein, dass die App "+" Zeichen in der Mailadresse nicht schluckt?

it is possible. We tried to support special characters in passwords but not sure what we checked for emails.

I'll make a test and let you know! if that's the issue, we'll fix it for next build. Are you in TestFlight?

Can you just confirm you can connect with Hello Smart?

Thumbs up and a huge thank you for your effort. Looks and feels great. Very responsive for AC and open/close. Feels way faster than the HelloSmart App itself.

Is it possible to implement it to Apple Carplay surface? Would be great for monitoring e.g. the 12V battery or the liquids.

Thank you!

We will try. But Apple restricts strongly what can run on CarPlay so we are not sure it will be possible.

We have other ideas to deliver before we get to trying CarPlay.

Hi Dot,

There's no library officially provided by Smart. They discuss it, but as any big corporation it might take a while.

You will find a Python library made by DasBasti: https://github.com/DasBasti/pySmartHashtag he created it mostly for his project for Home Assistant: https://github.com/DasBasti/SmartHashtag .

Personally, for Hello # we took example on the work from Marco at https://github.com/marco79cgn/ios-scriptable-widgets . I found it easy to experiment with his script in JavaScript directly in Scriptable on iOS and on Postman (also uses JS)

If what you mean is having a common Backend between android and iOS, I don't think we would be able to create it in Hello # as everything is written directly in Swift and swift UI. While Android requires Library in Java, C++ or Kotlin. A C++ library is too much work for me, sorry and Java and Kotlin don't work on iOS.

If Hello Smart is so slow, we think it's because they use a tool to make apps that works equally on Android and iOS, and their Adobe SDK. Hence slow on both. We are convinced that only a Native app like Hello # can offer the right responsiveness we all want.

We would encourage an Android project to start in native, to make the best of it. Java or Kotlin. And focus on making the Android app the best app.

We can still share good UI ideas, but the core components are too different.

A lot of our coming efforts will be on Widget, Siri Shortcuts, Live Activity.... all those will take a lot of our free time and are really specific for iPhone.

If someone starts a projects on Android, I would gladly help with answering any question and providing advice on what we went through. We can share critical parts of the code in Swift for them to rewrite for Android.

I would suggest to start by showing all the data from the car just to master the access to the API and its signature encryption.

I can share the Car Images and the model names. I made Proxy servers for caching them, so when a car stops being available from smart, we still have the images and names in our DB.

Vielen Dank für diese tolle Alternative. Kann man zusätzlich zum Navi ABRP auch PUMP einbinden? Das wäre super.

Automatische Übersetzung (englisches Original unten)

Wir hatten noch nie von Pump gehört. Wir haben es gerade installiert.

Laut ihrer Website https://www.pumpapp.co/en/support/index.html stellen sie keine API zum Senden von Daten bereit, sondern das Gegenteil: Sie möchten, dass Smart eine API bereitstellt, und stellen die Verbindung her zu Smart.

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 14.54.28.png

Teilen Sie uns mit, wenn Sie eine andere Möglichkeit gefunden haben

===== Original in English =====

We had never heard of Pump. We installed it just now.

According to their website https://www.pumpapp.co/en/support/index.html they are not providing an API to send data, it's the other way around: they want smart to provide an API and they would make the connection to Smart.

Let us know if you found a different possibility

Thank you all for your help.

ABRP is a nice addition. Even when BLE dongles will be supported we still need to update the battery percentage when we are outside the car.

As this is a beta. We still ask to discuss the new

Features and provide feedback. As it is not convenient to speak in 3 different forums I ask users to provide feedback in the forum accepting all the languages (Italian, Spanish too). We are all comfortable with auto translate tools and it’s nicer than repeating everywhere the same things.

Glad some of your are sharing the news here. Thank you for that.

Do you know when the official Hello# will be available in the app store?

Apple requests Smart approval if we keep the app the way it looks today.

Our contacts at smart are all for it but they have been looking at it with their legal team for weeks. I just hope they will answer before most of us will have to choose our next car

ABRP’s CEO response:

Zitat

We issue quite a few HA API keys, but it would be much better if somebody wrote an ABRP plugin for HA so that we could share the same API key for everyone (and just have user/vehicle tokens for each user).

So nothing is stopping us on that side.

Nice!

Now I’m tempted to start the work on an ABRP integration, universal for all cars.